Join NAMI of Butte County
NAMI Butte County is excited about 2012 and all the new activities and opportunities being planned. We need your help to further support, educate and advocate for the mentally ill in our county. Consider joining the NAMI Butte County team by filling out the online membership application below.
- Executing the Third Annual NAMI Walk – April 21, 2012
- Bringing In Our Own Voice, a stigma-busting community awareness program put on by people living with mental illness, to our local chapter
- Promoting quarterly guest speakers covering meaningful topics
- Enhancing the NAMI Butte County website for community outreach and advocacy
- Training more individuals for support groups
- Increasing awareness through new media channels
- Becoming a member of our Board – new officers are elected in May
As you can see, there is a lot happening and lots of work to do. We hope you consider joining the NAMI Butte County Team. Your membership with NAMI Butte County actually provides you membership at 3 levels – local, state and national. There is a Membership Form for you to print, fill out and send to us at the bottom of this page.
NAMI Membership Levels
There are 3 levels of the NAMI organization:
LOCAL LEVEL: A portion of your yearly dues are shared with the national ($10.00) and state ($10.00) organizations (as an affiliate) with the remainder paying for local costs. Along with supporting the community your benefits as a local member include:
- Voting privileges at the local level.
- Local monthly newsletter / Various state & national periodicals.
- Monthly meetings with focus on:
- Legislative actions;
- Education information concerning legal issues, hospitalization, advocacy, basic needs, and
- special populations;
- Help for families and consumers to access mental health services;
- Law enforcement/forensic issues information & support.
- Special projects at a local level.
STATE LEVEL: Check http://www.namicalifornia.org/ for information including:
- State conferences featuring the latest efforts concerning advocacy, research, support, and education.
- Voting privileges at the state level.
NATIONAL LEVEL: Check http://www.nami.org/ for information including:
- Annual national convention: featuring nationally recognized researchers and policy makers. Topics focus on latest research on illnesses, medications, and public service systems.
- Voting privileges at the national level.
To join NAMI Butte County, please fill out the MEMBERSHIP FORM and send it to us at: NAMI Butte County, PO Box 1364, Chico, CA 95927.