Welcome to NAMI Butte County
Phone number 530-343-7775
The National Alliance on Mental Illness is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization, dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness.
Because mental illness impacts the lives of at least one in four adults and one in 10 children – or 60 million Americans – NAMI works every day to save lives.
At the heart of NAMI’s mission is the sharing of information, resources, and support and networking opportunities for people with a mental illness, their families, friends, mental health professionals, and the general public.
NAMI Butte County strives to offer hope, reform, and health to our community through education and advocacy efforts. Research is constantly providing us with new information about the brain and the nature of mental illnesses and consequently, more effective treatments.
- To improve the quality of life for people with brain disorders by working to ensure dignity and securing nondiscriminatory access to quality health care, housing, education, and all economic opportunities.
- To educate ourselves and the public through: the gathering of information, utilizing the expertise of mental health professionals, media exposure, and community involvement.
- To identify systemic breakdowns and advocate for improvement within the criminal justice system, hospitals, state, county and private facilities.
- To evaluate legislation affecting mental health services and to advocate for appropriate action.
- To educate policymakers about serious brain disorders & the impact they have on individuals and their families.